Mjolnir, the new major release of Midgard2 Content Repository is now out. Named after the hammer of Thor, this release finally provides a real content repository that can be used by both desktop and web application developers.
In addition to being a GObject-powered content repository for PHP, Python and Objective-C, the Mjolnir release provides several significant goodies on top of the older Midgard2 series:
- MgdSchema Views provide a way to define joined data types
- MgdSchema types can be extended with subclasses and additional information
- Transactions are available for storage engines that support them
- New authentication API provides support for different types like OpenID and OAuth
- ...and there are a lot more unit tests, helping to safeguard against regressions