Raise the hammer! Midgard2 Mjolnir goes live
Mjolnir, the new major release of Midgard2 Content Repository is now out. Named after the hammer of Thor, this release finally provides a real content repository that can be used by both desktop and web application developers.
In addition to being a GObject-powered content repository for PHP, Python and Objective-C, the Mjolnir release provides several significant goodies on top of the older Midgard2 series:
- MgdSchema Views provide a way to define joined data types
- MgdSchema types can be extended with subclasses and additional information
- Transactions are available for storage engines that support them
- New authentication API provides support for different types like OpenID and OAuth
- ...and there are a lot more unit tests, helping to safeguard against regressions
We've been testing running the Qaiku microblogging service with Mjolnir. The exactly same PHP code that we used with Midgard 8.09 LTS performs 20-60% better when running on Mjolnir.
Get Midgard2 9.09 Mjolnir while it is hot! Builds for various Linux distributions are already starting to hit OBS repositories...