While results obviously were not as dramatic as the last time due to better overall status of the code, we still scored about 20% reduction in database I/O and debug log lines dropping from over 700 to a more readable 103 per regular, fully debugged request. Memory usage should be much better now as well.
Focus areas today were:
- Switching from Query Builder to Collector where possible
- Switching from Prototype to jQuery in many bundled AJAX tools
- New access control for enabling/disabling AJAX features
- Smart windowing for Query Builder queries
- Refactoring the URL parser subsystem
- Removal of MidCOM 2.4 AIS classes
- Removal of several legacy libraries
- Simplification of some class inheritance chains
Thanks to everybody involved!