WriteMaps.com is a handy web-based tool for planning website structures in a mind map -like format. The tool allows for storage and working on the designs in collaborative fashion.
I have been toying for quite a while with the idea that mind maps could be automatically converted to Midgard -compatible site structures, and the JSON format provided by WriteMaps seemed to support the idea.
So, to get your WriteMaps site structure to Midgard do the following:
- Save your sitemap on the site
- Click File -> Export local backup
- Copy the JSON to a local file
php json_to_structure.php /path/to/my/sitemap.json > sitemap.inc
- Copy the new structure under the
config/templatesdirectory of midgard.admin.wizards component
- Create a new site using your WriteMaps-based structure
I’d love to make this a bit easier, but that would essentially require WriteMaps to provide an API we could hook to.