I’ve been totally swamped by the number of photos taken during the last eight months of travel, and am lagging badly behind on publishing the photos. To help sort things out, I’ve now registered a Flickr account.
Using Flickr for photo publishing fits well with my “IT strategy”. I can have the photos available for three usage areas:
- Offline and desktop access: iPhoto and the Nokia 770 image viewer
- Sharing: Flickr
- Archival: Synchronizing the photos from Flickr to Midgard using PhpFlickr
I still need to implement the Flickr synchronization support into Midgard, but I trust this will be easy, especially as I already have similar thing going with bookmarks synchronization from del.icio.us and news subscription sync from Bloglines.
In any case, the first trips to end up on Flickr are:
- Cape Town and Karoo desert, 2006
- Dallas through Las Vegas to San Francisco and back, 2006
- Porto Alegre, Curitiba and Sao Paulo, 2006
There are also three ancient photo sets I thought to have lost posted by Henri Hovi: